Monday 20 September 2010

Arty Farty

(A wee photo of me in Wales, with an incredible view)


I'v been doing a lot of pen and ink work recently, like the drawing at the top of my page. I did that based on the work of the illustrator Yuko Shimizu, who's work I am studying for a project at college.


My mum gave me a set of nibs, a bottle of black ink and her ink pot and quill pen. They are so beautiful and drawing with them is so much fun! Everything seems to flow a lot more naturally and its so much smoother to hold and ink with. So, thanks mum :)

I have been thinking about what I want to do next year in terms of uni/college/whatever. I am still keeping the Art school option open but I have also found a course in holistic massage at the dundee college, which doesn't cost too much money and is close by to where I live. Thats anotehr idea for next year. I think that I would rather spend my time studying something which I could use to help people at the end of it, and not be in too much debt either! I mean, that is why I chose medicine originally but the course wasn't really suited to what I was looking for out of life. This massage therapy course looks great, and it involves learning anatomy, psychology and physiology or massage as well as learning how business works and salon etiquete. Thats another idea for the list then...

My good friend David has booked to come over from Switzerland on the 5th October, and I do hope that nothing gets in the way for him. Knowing my luck something will get cancelled haha Silly easy jet :P I can't wait to see him, and get back to doing some art and music with him again. Its nice being with someone that you can just be silent with for a while and yet still feel totally connected in communication. Hard to explain. Has something to do with energies.

Energy, funny one that is. I consider myself odd due to the fact that I can feel other peoples' energies. Like an aura, only not visual I suppose. I tend to be attracted, not necessarily sexually, to people with strong energies similar to that of myself and occasionally it can get me into trouble. Flirting too much and all that shnizzle. There aren't that many people who's energy really pulls me in toward them and only a handfull have ever let me borrow some of their energy or share it. Thats beena special few moments in my life. Must sound like I'm talking bull, right? Believe what you like but I think if we all tried to open up a bit more and try to feel energies of others we'd maybe get on a bit better with one another. Understand one another more.

I'm gonna stick a few photos up, if you've seen facebook then these aren't new, but there are a couple from the movie that I was part of in July. I was playing a drummer in a typical rock and roll band and had the BEST fun ever. We have our wrap party this coming saturday and its going to be so great to see everyone again! alors, voila, voici les photos!








Better get back to the pen and paper...so much to do for college, but I don't mind. I love art and it seems like a hobby at the moment instead of course"work". I miss doodling though. Projects don't tend to leave much space for doodles haha :)

Thanks for reading


A x

No comments:

Post a Comment